You can tell them by the way they move, by the battered edges, the bleached light in their eyes. They are the lesser knights of Arthur’s court, the ones that go unsung. Their enemies are the draugar, the restless dead: unnaturally strong, immune to ordinary weapons, and bent on destruction. Among these dark knights are two who shine the brightest of their generation: Sagramore, veteran of the Transylvanian wars, and Mordred, child of the moon. They ride together, for there is strength in numbers, and the man who falls in battle with a draugr becomes one himself.
(ft. Kim Rossi Stuart and Alexander Siddig)
Federal officials met with South Dakota’s nine Sioux tribes on Wednesday for a historic summit in Rapid City. A year in the making, it was an effort to address long standing concerns over the high number of Native American children the state places in white foster homes. State officials, however, didn’t show up for the meeting.
State officials, however, didn’t show up for the meeting.
Ways you can tell you’re obsessed with British Isles folktales and ballads:
- ship Lady Margaret and Sweet William in whatever story in whatever form
- ship Janet and Tamlin that girl’s a bamf
- never go swimming with anyone or go near water
- either you will drown or be drowned or your lover will have drowned
- if it’s been seven years your lover is dead
- if your lover shows up at your door at midnight do not go with him
- he is a ghost
- he is a fucking dead ghost he died in the war you’ve been waiting for nothing congrats
- robin hood motherfuckers yeah
- trees are awesome but omg escaping into a wood is dangerous shit
- your houseguest is either a ghost or the devil
- their horse is also the devil
- never fall in love b/c your lover will die or you will hang yourself congrats
- never dally if you’re in love or engaged someone will end up dead
- your siblings hate you except for when they don’t
- the harp was made of her sister’s drowned bones and the strings of her hair
- the bird is your dead brother
- never follow the animals
- always follow the animals
- DEAD PEOPLE THO
- NEVER HAVE A LOVER OMFG
- fucking fairies also jesus christ
- “Part not ye true love, you rich men then, or ne’er her heart shall beat again”
- dont elope on horseback at midnight he’s lying and he’s gonna try to kill you
- peasant lovers will die and take you to hell with them, knight fiancees will take your money and virginity and leave you in a wood hm just become a lesbian jesus christ
- do not i repeat DO NOT AWAY TO CARTERHAUGH AND PLUCK THE TWA ROSE
- but if you do make damn sure you want the d
that’s it that’s it really then you just reread all of the child ballad transcripts a dozen times and drink yourself into a stupor cheers
also for the lOVE OF GOD DON’T HAVE SEX WITH NAMELESS STRANGERS IN THE WOODS THERE IS A 98% CHANCE THEY ARE YOUR LONG-LOST SIBLING
and your lover might be dead after seven years but then again they might be the devil instead; take ur chances
How did a man born of Eastern descent, a man who called himself the Prince of Peace, a man whom the sacred writings describe as eating with prostitutes and providing wine at weddings and healing the sick and ignoring any political plot, a man who wants us to turn the other cheek and give all our possessions if we are sued, become associated with—no, become the poster boy for—a Western moral and financial agenda communicated through the rhetoric of war and ignorant of the damage it is causing to a world living in poverty?
My only answer is that Satan is crafty indeed.
|—||Donald Miller (via loveispatient)|
could you imagine spock prime’s reaction when he finds out khan is somehow white. ‘oh my god. what did i even do’
Female!Tony & Iron Woman suit for a warmup sketch.
Eleven-year-old Mordred is convinced he has no magic to speak of. When his mother sends him and Gawain to Hogwarts together, he cooperates rather than be separated from his brother — only to despair when they’re sorted into different houses. One day, however, he runs into an even smaller and scrappier fellow Gryffindor, who’s losing a fight with several school bullies, and jumps to the defense, thus making a friend for life. It’s Sagramore who finds the tiny dragon skulking by the lake… but it takes all the wit and witchcraft the two of them can summon up to deal with what comes next.